Although MSC first introduced the ship-within-a-ship concept back in 2008, Norwegian Cruise Line’s Haven also offers top-notch services.
So, what will be your pick between MSC Yacht Club vs NCL Haven?
While MSC Yacht Club offers 6 categories of cabin/stateroom, NCL Haven offers 9 types of suites. Also, NCL Haven’s suits are much larger including 2/3-bedroom villas. Both offer 24-hour concierge and butler services. Moreover, NCL Haven offers more exclusive dining and entertainment options than MSC Yacht. But NCL Haven is more expensive than MSC Yacht Club.
So, what will you choose between these two fine ship-within-ship experiences? Follow the article as we’ll help you judge both.
MSC Yacht Club Vs NCL Haven: The In-Depth Comparison
Both MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven are top of their name. So before diving deep into their services, let’s have a brief look at their competitive offerings.
|Features||MSC Yacht Club||NCL Haven|
|Stateroom / Cabin Size||A range of cabin/stateroom sizes including interior cabins.||Larger cabins such as penthouse suits, and 2/3-bedroom villas.|
|Concierge Service||24-hour butler and concierge services.||24-hour butler and concierge services.|
|Dining & Entertainment||– Private dining room.- A Theater and Casino.- Parisian-inspired cabaret.- MSC Aurea Spa.- Water Park and Robotron.||– Priority reservations and seating at all dining and entertainment facilities. – Premium Beverages.- Unlimited Beers, Wine, and other beverages.|
|Amenities||A separate section of the ship includes a pool, restaurant, and lounge.||An exclusive area at the upper deck of NCL ships with suits and other facilities.|
|Price Range||More affordable with varieties of cabin options.||More expensive with larger and more expensive suits.|
So, now we’ll discuss the details of each factor of MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven. You can compare and judge both to pick one for your holiday retreat in these luxurious voyages.
Stateroom / Cabin Size – MSC Yacht Club Vs NCL Haven
NCL Haven offers 9 types of different suites and cabins while MSC Yacht offers only 6 categories of cabins.
Compared to NCL Haven, MSC Yacht Club offers smaller cabins. Let’s see what are the categories of cabins offered by MSC Yacht Club.
- The Owner’s Suite: It’s the largest suite offered by MSC Yacht Club. It has 1055 sqft of space, separate dining and living room, 269 sqft of balcony with hot tub, etc.
- The Royal Suite: 667 sqft of space, separate dining and living room, 355 sqft of balcony with hot tub, etc.
- The Duplex Suite: It has two levels with 635 sqft of space, separate dining and living room, 248 sqft of balcony, etc.
- The Deluxe Grand Suite: 269-463 sqft of space, separate living room, 86-129 sqft of balcony, etc.
- The Deluxe Suite: 269-366 sqft of space, and 86 sqft of balcony.
- The Interior Suite: 226 sqft of total space.
NCL Haven’s suits are humongous compared to MSC Yacht Club. Let’s see what NCL Haven’s suits look like.
- 3-Bedroom Garden Villa: The largest one in NCL Haven perfect for 8 people. It has 6694 sqft of space, a private dining room, a large living room, and 3.5 baths. Has a hot tub on the balcony.
- 2-Bedroom Family Villa: 504 sqft of space with a master bedroom, a bath, and a private balcony. This is perfect for 6 people.
- The Deluxe Owner’s Suit: It has 1307 sqft of space with a large dining and living area, a large luxury bath, and floor-to-ceiling windows. A large balcony is also included for 6 people to enjoy.
- The Owner’s Suit: It has 824 sqft of space with a large living and dining area, one balcony, or two in some ships. This is ideal for 4 people.
- Aft-Facing Penthouse: This suite has 655 sqft of space with a king-sized bed, a generous living area, and a balcony for all. 4 people can easily enjoy the facilities of this penthouse.
- The Deluxe Spa Suite: This is the smallest suite in NCL Haven. It has 309 sqft of space with a king-sized bed. Also, there’s a balcony with a hot tub and oversized waterfall showers with jets. It is close to the Mandara Spa Suite and also offers free access to the Thermal Spa Suite.
- Forward-Facing Penthouse: This is another modest penthouse in NCL Haven. It has 451 sqft of space with a king-sized bed with a forward view. Also, there’s a large dining and living area and a balcony.
- Courtyard Penthouse: The courtyard penthouse of NCL Haven is perfect for a romantic retreat. It has 440 sqft of space with a romantic atmosphere, a private balcony, guest allowance, and living and dining areas.
- Spa Suite: This suite also has access to Mandara and Thermal Spa Suite. It has 378 sqft of space with a relaxing decoration, a balcony with a hot tub, and oversized waterfall showers with jets.
So, NCL wins regarding stateroom and suite sizes for more room space and additional accommodations. So complete your NCL e-docs and get aboard its luxurious services.
Both NCL Haven and MSC Yacht Club offer a 24-hour concierge and butler service. With the experienced and capable service of a butler, your every need and assistance will be met on both cruises.
Moreover, for any additional bookings or purchases, the concierge can help you anytime you need. With the world-class services of the concierge of both NCL Haven and MSC Yacht Club, it’ll be worth it.
Dining & Entertainment – MSC Yacht Club VS NCL Haven
MSC Yacht Club offers a private dining area for its guests as part of the ship-within-a-ship experience. Their dedicated restaurant will provide sophisticated à la carte menus for you to taste.
On the other hand, NCL Haven offers priority reservations for all its customers in all dining and entertainment facilities. Compared to MSC Yacht, NCL Haven offers specialty menus brought directly to your suite from any of the restaurants fleetwide. And so, NCL Haven is superior to NCL Suits.
For entertainment, MSC Yacht Club offers a theater and a casino, a Parisian-Inspired Cabaret, MSC Aurea Spa, and more. Also, you’ll have a dedicated water park and a robotic thrill ride called Robotron.
On the other hand, NCL Haven offers an exclusive cocktail party with the ship’s officers, Broadway shows, musicals, etc. NCL also offers exotic entertainment options with its variety of comedy and night events. The night is never dull onboard NCL Haven.
MSC Yacht Club offers a separate pool, restaurant, and lounges for its guests. On the other hand, NCL Haven also offers a dedicated section of the ship for its cruisers.
NCL Haven’s self-contained area is specifically designed for a one-of-a-kind experience for its passengers. This dedicated space includes special and separated entries, venues, dining, and entertainment facilities.
Also, both MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven offer priority embarkment and disembarkment for their passengers.
In terms of price, NCL Haven is a bit more expensive than MSC Yacht Club. For example, the interior cabins on MSC Yacht Club cost $2800 for 2 people with a balcony that costs $4100.
On the other hand, NCL Haven costs $3000 per person on an average weeklong trip in its suits. But this price may vary based on availability, time of the year, last-minute sailings, etc. And the larger the suits, the more it will cost you.
MSC Yacht Club VS NCL Haven: What Is Best for You?
So, now you have an idea of both MSC Yacht Club and NCL Haven’s services. It’s time for you to decide which one is best for you. At a glance, NCL Haven offers more freestyle cruising with exciting and exotic entertainment options.
Conversely, MSC Yacht Club’s Parisian-inspired Cabaret and Aurea Spa are wonderful entertainment options that can compare with the Haven. Also, NCL Haven is a bit more expensive with similar services to MSC Yacht.
But the exclusive and specialty menu service in your suite can only happen in NCL Haven. So, choose which you like.
For more luxury cruise options, you can compare Norwegian Cruise Line with Holland America. Holland America also provides many premium and luxury cruise services.
Can Haven Guests Have Visitors?
Yes, Haven guests can have visitors. But the visitors must be pre-registered with the Haven concierge at the reception. Also, the guests need to provide details of the visitor’s arrival time and departure.
Are Children Allowed in NCL Haven?
Yes, children are allowed in NCL Haven. Many of its areas are children-friendly while some areas are only for adults. The Haven Sundeck is only for guests above 16 years of age while the courtyard pool is for all.
Is Room Service Free in The NCL Haven?
The guests enlisted in the NCL Haven suits don’t have to pay for room services. But there’s a 20% gratuity and additional charges for non-complementary beverages through room service.
So, now choose a pick for your next sailing between MSC Yacht Club vs NCL Haven.
There’s always something missing in one while the other has it. Choose a cruise line service that you see fit with your preference and trip goal. But if you’re a solo cruiser and love activities, go for the NCL Haven. You’ll have a much good time.