NCL CruiseNext is a program that can save a lot of money for you. But on the flip side, CruiseNext deposits have an expiry date.
So, Is it possible to get an NCL CruiseNext extension?
No, it is not possible to get an extension on your NCL CruiseNext deposits. This can only happen if NCL decides to extend the validity for certain types of situations. This scenario came to life in 2021, when NCL announced a validity extension of all CruiseNext deposits for one year.
It was also applicable to other programs like CruiseFirst and Future Cruise Credits. However, if you need to extend your CruiseNext certificate validity, you should directly contact NCL.
In the next sections, you will find out more about NCL CruiseNext and its extension process.
What Does NCL CruiseNext Extension Mean?
CruiseNext extension means the extension of the CruiseNext deposits made by the guests. As you know, CruiseNext deposits are valid for up to four years. The extension of the validity is known as the NCL CruiseNext extension.
So, all CruiseNext deposits expiring in 2021 have been extended to one year, up to 31st December 2022.
Source: Cruise Hive
NCL CruiseNext Terms And Conditions You Need To Know
Making a CruiseNext deposit can come in handy but there are some rules and regulations that apply. If you do not know these rules well, you may lose your deposit. Here are the terms and conditions that apply-
- Your shipboard account will be charged in USD when you purchase a CruiseNext Deposit (CND). You will receive an instant shipboard credit towards your current cruise. This will be listed as Non-Refundable Onboard Credit on your final bill.
- After the cruise ends, the CND will be converted into the currency of your current reservation. Then it’ll be added to your Norwegian Cruise Line guest record.
- Currency exchange rates are determined at the time of purchase.
- CruiseNext purchases can only be made with refundable Onboard Credits and non-refundable Onboard Credits given for CruiseNext deposits.
- CNDs can only be charged to your shipboard account if you are 21 years of age or older. Do not forge an ID if you are underage as it can have legal consequences.
- Each person can purchase a maximum of eight (8) CNDs.
- CNDs are refundable within 30 days of purchase, excluding the amount of the instant shipboard credit received.
- A CND can only be applied to a new reservation and has no cash value. It is not redeemable or exchangeable for cash.
- CNDs can be transferred to another guest at no charge. But the new owner will be subject to all CND terms and conditions. The original owner will lose ownership rights after the transfer.
- CruiseNext Deposits ($250 each) and CruiseNext Haven Deposits ($500 each) are valid for sailings of 3 days or longer. There are some significant differences between the NCL suite and Haven. So, you should pick where you want to stay carefully.
- CruiseNext Haven Deposits act as the full deposit for all staterooms on eligible sailings. CruiseNext deposits act as a full deposit for rooms up to a Club Balcony. Moreover, it can be used as a partial deposit payment for higher categories.
- Only one CND can be used per stateroom.
- All CNDs, including Haven, are valid for new reservations made within 4 years of purchase. Also, CNDs expire after 4 years and will be forfeited if not redeemed and used within that timeframe. They cannot be used for existing reservations.
- To apply your CNDs to a new reservation, contact Norwegian Cruise Line or your Travel Professional. There are no blackout dates, but reservations are subject to availability.
- Additionally, Charters, incentive cruises, barter cruises, employee, friend, or family rates, or Diamonds Resort International bookings cannot be combined with CNDs.
- To cancel a reservation made with a CND, follow the cancellation policies and procedures of Norwegian Cruise Line. The CND will be refunded back to your Latitudes Rewards account, minus any cancellation fees, and it will retain its original expiration date.
- CNDs are subject to the same cancellation policy, regulations, and rules as any other deposit stated in your reservation confirmation.
- In addition to these Terms and Conditions, you must comply with the Norwegian Cruise Line, Norwegian Cruise Line (Bahamas) Ltd. d/b/a NCLH, NCL America Inc., and/or Sixthman LTD’s Terms and Conditions as stated in the Cruise Brochure and Passenger Ticket Contract.
How To Transfer NCL CruiseNext Deposit?
If you have read the terms and conditions, you should’ve known by now that you can transfer NCL CruiseNext deposits. But how do you transfer NCL CruiseNext deposits? Here’s how-
- If the person you are transferring to is another Latitudes member, just give NCL a call. They will transfer the deposit in no time. Here are the numbers that you can call: +852 800 901 951 or +852 2165 6000
- If you are not comfortable with calling them, you can mail them. The CruiseNext mail is email@example.com. The representative will be asking for the following pieces of information-
- Your Latitudes Account Number.
- The Cruise Next Certificate Number you wish to transfer.
- The full name and Latitudes Account Number for the recipient.
- If the guest you’re transferring to doesn’t have a Latitudes Account Number, you need to make them sign up first. To sign up, go to the NCL website and click on register. Then provide all the required information.
Once you follow these steps, the deposit should be transferred within 24-48 hours or sooner.
Selling NCL CruiseNext: Is It Possible?
Since it is possible to transfer NCL CruiseNext deposits, you can also sell them. All you need to do is to transfer the deposit to your buyer’s Latitudes account and collect the money.
But be careful doing business with strangers online. Many frauds are looking for a chance to scam you.
Is NCL CruiseNext Worth It?
Yes, if you’re a frequent NCL cruiser, NCL CruiseNext can save you money on your next cruise. However, if you’re not sure if you’ll cruise with NCL again soon, it might not be worth the upfront cost.
If you are a frequent cruiser, you can save a lot of money on your next cruise. You can also use your credits to pay for onboard expenses. Such as drinks, shore excursions, and spa treatments.
If you prefer other cruise lines like Holland America over Norwegian, it would not be worth it.
Is NCL Canceling Cruises in 2023?
Yes, NCL has canceled 13 cruises between December 2023 and April 2024. Especially, Norwegian Epic’s sailings from December 1, 2023, through April 9, 2024, were canceled. That was due to fleet redeployment.
What Is The Biggest Ship NCL Has?
The largest ship in Norwegian Cruise Line’s fleet is the Norwegian Encore. It has a gross tonnage of 169,116 tons and measures 1,094 feet in length. The Norwegian Encore can accommodate approximately 4,004 passengers at double occupancy.
What is the newest NCL ship 2023?
The newest NCL ship in 2023 is the Norwegian Viva, which debuted in June 2023. The Norwegian Viva is the second ship in the Prima class of ships. It followed the Norwegian Prima, which was launched in 2022.
NCL Cruise Next Extension refers to the event where NCL extended the validation of their CruisNext deposits for 1 year.
The guests do not have the authority to extend the validity of their deposits. To clear any confusion, it’s best to contact directly with NCL.